Wednesday, February 15, 2017

DIY Easter Frame Decor



TRANSFORMING THREE FRAMES INTO EASTER DECOR



 


I wanted to create simple, vintage looking decorations for
my daughter-in-law and myself for Easter,
yet do so inexpensively.
I took a look around my house and found three wooden frames stashed away in a drawer
and thought they would make wonderful bases for door décor and a table topper.
I then went shopping at the Dollar Tree, which has lately had a great
supply of quality craft items, each of course, only $1.
At Hobby Lobby I found the perfect Robin's Egg Blue acrylic paint,
and I picked up a bird's nest, in case I didn't like my homemade version.
Here is how I made my Easter Frame décor:

Gather your supplies.
Items I had on hand:
frames
hot glue gun and sticks
Purchased from Hobby Lobby:
 Preformed nests (or you can make your own out of moss)
Acrylic Paint in a Robin's Egg blue
From the Dollar Tree:
A variety of mosses, in greens and browns
Spring Blooms
Burlap Ribbon
Butterflies
Burlap and silk birds
Specialty Store:
Green and Blue speckled eggs


Take out the backing as well as the glass from your frames and set aside.
Next, spray a primer on your frames and let dry.
Paint on your color of choice.
(stick thumb tacks into the back of the frames to give it a raised platform to paint easier)


After your frames are dry you can start arranging your nests, eggs, flowers and bows.
You can purchase nests at craft stores, yet I prefer to make my own from moss.
I have used one "preformed" on the larger rectangle frame,
and made the other two.


When gluing on items on the edges, its a good idea to double glue from the back
to make them more secure.


Be sure to stand back and take a look from a distance,
building up your creation. I added more flowers to the above frame.


I hot glued the burlap ribbons to the back of the frames.
Yet I prefer to hang them by fishing wire looped at the same distance as the bow,
to make it more secure.


The Butterfly Easter door décor, is open framed, using the nest purchased at Hobby Lobby.


The smaller frame, the handmade nest (from Dollar Tree moss) was glued
directly onto the glass. Beneath I cut out a dictionary page "robin".


For the square frame, I used dictionary pages again (Easter and spring),
as well as glued the Dollar Tree Hydrangea stem,
homemade nest, eggs and burlap bird (also from the Dollar Tree)
directly onto the glass. This time attaching a simple brown burlap loop
and fishing wire to the back with hot glue.



I hope you enjoyed these simple ideas on how to spend just a few dollars
to create your very own Easter décor.

God bless. Keep Calm and Kerri On!








No comments:

Post a Comment