Sunday, November 24, 2013

DIY Christmas Ball for the Bride and Groom

I wanted to make a special ornament
for my son and his new bride for their first Christmas together.
I researched Pinterest
and found a quick and simple way
to upcycle a wedding invitation
into a Christmas Ball.
Instead of using the wedding invitation (I only have one)
I decided to use the
Shower Invitation
from the Bridal Shower I gave them in July.
I simply cut the invitation
using a paper cutter for scrap booking,
Cutting the invitation horizontally,
trying to get each line contained in a separate cut....
Then I curled
each strip around the handle of a wooden spoon.
I purchased the plastic ball ornament
at Hobby Lobby for under $3.
I simply took off the silver top of the ball,
and dropped the strips in one by one,
replacing the top
and adding a coordinating ribbon to hang.
Wah-Lah!
Here's a better view,
so you can see their names.
Cute and Simple idea
from Pinterest!
 
Keep Calm and Kerri On!



No comments:

Post a Comment