Sunday, August 4, 2013

Monkey Bread Recipe

 
I had a house full of people last weekend
so I made three batches of Monkey Bread for Sunday Morning.
I prefer to make it in a Bundt Pan (it's the prettiest)
but since I only have one of those,
I also used an 8" round cake pan
and a 9"x13" baking stone.
Here is the recipe for 24 rolls
in a bundt pan:
 
MONKEY BREAD
24 frozen rolls (I use Rhodes)
1 cup of packed dark brown sugar
2 tsps. cinnamon
1 small pkg of Cook'n Serve Butterscotch Pudding Mix
1/2 cup of butter (or 1 stick)
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
 
The night before serving,
Spray a bundt pan with non-stick spray,
sprinkle nuts and cinnamon in bottom of the pan.
Place the frozen rolls around the bundt pan, as evenly as possible.
Sprinkle the Butterscotch Pudding Mix powder over all of the rolls.
In a small saucepan, heat the butter and brown sugar together
until it starts to bubble.
Pour the butter mixture over the rolls.
Cover with foil or Saran Wrap
and place in the refrigerator.
The rolls should thaw in the fridge.
About an hour before I bake the rolls
I set them out in a warm area
 (like close to the coffee pot or oven, to rise even more)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until the top of the rolls are brown.
Let the pan rest for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving dish.
Be sure to give the sticky syrup time to drizzle down over the rolls
before removing the pan over top.
Enjoy.
I made the 8" cake pan (12 rolls)
with extra pecans for the "nut lovers"
The above picture is of the 9"x13" pan
before I inverted it onto a plate
and let the yummy glaze sink down over the rolls....
Yummmmm
For the bundt pan, I left out the pecans
for those who don't "feel like a nut".
 
Monkey Bread is always a great hit at my house.
Hope you try this recipe!
 
Keep Calm and Kerri On!

1 comment: