Sunday, September 29, 2013

Enjoy Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte at Home

There is a crispness in the air,
leaves turning golden and burgundy,
it's the beginning of Autumn!
 I'm ready to break in the season
with a steaming cup of my favorite
Pumpkin Spice Latte!
But instead of purchasing these at my local
coffee shoppe this year,
I plan on saving my money
and making it at home.
Sometimes I think we forget how simple it can be
to make our favorite recipes at home.
With simple, inexpensive ingredients at the grocery
store, I will make my own decadent chai tea,
"semi-homemade"!
I purchased two types of Chai Tea bags:
Stash "Decaffeinated Chai Spice" 
 and
Twinings "Chai Pumpkin Spice"
I bring fresh, filtered water to a boil
in my tea kettle on my stove.
When the whistle blows,
I know it's ready.
I use two tea bags in an 8oz. mug
because I like it strong.
Let steep 4 minutes.
Then I stir in a couple tablespoons of
Nestle Coffee-mate in the flavor
"Pumpkin Spice"
and a teaspoon of my favorite sweetener
which is Stevia granules.
 
Enjoy!
I spent a total of about $9 for:
2 boxes of tea bags
1 bottle of creamer
1 box of Stevia
This will make at least 18 servings.
That's 50 cents per serving
compared to $3 or $4 per serving at the coffee shoppe....
and I don't even have to change out of my pajamas and slippers
to drive there!
 
Keep Calm and Kerri On!

No comments:

Post a Comment