Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Don't Let Satan Fool You Like He Did Me

This is not a craft or recipe I am sharing today.
It is an admission. A lesson learned, that I would like to share.
A warning to others.
Ever since I was little, I could see spirits.
I could hear them.
I could feel them.
Communicate with them.
At first, they frightened me.
But then I started seeking them out.
Séances...
Ouija Boards...
Tarot Cards...
Tea Leaf Reading....
I dabbled in all of it.
And it worked.
The forces in the "other" world are real, yes....
I found it fun, intriguing, I wanted more.
I talked others into joining me...
trying to seek out and speak to the dead.
I sought out psychics,
even found out I had psychic abilities of my own.
The more I dabbled, the stronger they became.
More spirits would visit me.
Most were friendly,
yet some were evil.
They brought the evil into my home.
My house became uncomfortable,
my family sickly....even the cats were aware something was awry.
Instead of turning to God for answers, I visited a pagan store
to find out how to get rid of the evil spirits dwelling in my house.
It worked, yet only offered temporary help, because I was lost,
looking for help in the wrong places.
I became scared, and stayed away from the spirit world for awhile.
But it was so interesting...I missed it.
Little did I know...
Satan was seeking me out.
 
He is real.
God is real.
Why wouldn't the devil be?
But surely, what I was doing could not be evil...
I believed in God.
Guess what?  So does the devil.  He believes in God too.
 
Satan wants you and me to stray from the Lord.
He wants us on his side, away from God.
He will do whatever he thinks will work.
       
"Be alert and of sober mind.  Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.  Resist him, standing firm in the faith because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings."
1 Peter 5:8-9 (NIV)
 
Yet, I was being fooled.
I tried to convince myself that if all of this was evil,
why was it so fun?  Why did it work?
Well, think about it.
  You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
Satan is wise, manipulative....he's no dummy.
I was having fun.  I had proof that there was a spirit world.
Yet, I was losing my faith, my salvation, I was running further away from God.
Now I am here to tell you, I got out.  And so can you.
How did I get out?
Through our savior, Jesus Christ.
By reading the bible, going to church.
It all sounds so simple, doesn't it?
But it wasn't.
I wasn't raised in the church. Yet, my parents were both Christians. My father was a police lieutenant.  He discovered the same people he was arresting during the week for domestic violence and disorderly conduct, were the same people who were leading church on Sunday morning.  My parents were disappointed in the church and the "so-called Christians". So we did not attend church on Sunday mornings.  I found the church later in life. 
 Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who attend church who will not go to heaven.  It's not about what you call yourself, or pretend to be, (just because a mouse lives in a cookie jar, doesn't make him a cookie)  but accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior and turning away from your sins....repenting.
I would listen to preachers.  Listen to what others had to say about the bible.  But it wasn't until I started reading it for myself...literally "opening" the bible, praying to the Lord to open His words to me so I could understand, that I did.  I asked for the Lord's forgiveness and thanked Him for the wonderful gift of His Son, who willingly came to live on this earth, God in flesh, to suffer and die on the cross for me, so I could have everlasting life. It is a daily struggle, to live day by day. So studying the bible and praying to the Lord is a daily must for me.  I need Him every second of every day.
 
Choose God!...not Satan.
 
BEWARE!
Satan is everywhere.
Some examples of the devil's work in our world today?
 
Do you notice all of the mediums on television?
They are very convincing, funny, lovable.
What could be wrong with them?
Everything.
 
"Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. 
 I am the Lord your God."
Leviticus 19:31
 
So, please, do not be fooled by Satan.
We cannot speak with our loved ones who have passed away.
If anyone claims to do so, they are fooling you.
If they truly believe they are speaking to the dead,
then they are being fooled.
Demons under the rule of Satan are on this earth
trying to fool us all.
It is working with many.  Do NOT be one of them!
I was, and vow to fight against them.
Put your faith in the Lord our God and do not be deceived.
 
"For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus who gave himself as a ransom for all people."
1 Timothy 2:5-6 (NIV)
 
 
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
Kerri


1 comment:

  1. So very brave of you to post this, Kerri! So glad you were able to extract yourself from this stuff. As much as we may not wish to acknowledge it, Satan is very real. Keep calm and Kerri on! :)

    ReplyDelete