Monday, April 8, 2013

DIY Tea Cup Bird Feeder

 Golden Finch love "tea time" at our house!
Make a simple, but elegant bird feeder for your feathered friends
 from a tea cup and saucer.
This tea cup and saucer were from my mother's collection.
They were not part of a set, and I wanted to do something creative with them.
So I took a moment to reminisce...
My mother lived with me for a few months towards the end of her life...
and she loved sitting by the window in the mornings and watching the birds.
What better way to put her tea cup to use, than to make a bird feeder!
Here are the instructions:
Wash and dry your tea cup and saucer.
Wipe down the outside with a little Rubbing Alcohol (to get any film off)
Using E6000 adhesive (I love this stuff!)
attach the cup (on it's side) to the saucer.
This way, the seed "spills" out onto the saucer.
*Make sure the handle of the saucer is sticking upright.
I had to prop mine in place and leave a note so nobody touched it.
Let it dry for 24 hours.
 
Fill with seed and hang!
 Ours is next to "Stephen" the flamingo!
I used a plant hanger purchased at a yard sale -
 but you can find them at garden stores and retailers for around $7.
This particular cup handle was too narrow for the hook to go through...
so I simply added some twine to hang it from the hook.
I bet my mother is smiling down watching the birds have tea time!
Keep Calm and Kerri On!

No comments:

Post a Comment