Friday, April 12, 2013

Zentangle your April Ipsy Bag!

Is your April Ipsy Bag a little too bland for you?
Do you love to doodle?
Grab some Sharpies and zentangle your bag!
 
Here's my finished bag....you can do it too!
I love the April Bag but heard some people say it was "too plain" for them.
So I thought I would show you a way to make it a piece of artwork...
a zentangle!
What is a zentangle?  A structured, contained doodle.  The word Zentangle was coined by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas.  Google it to see more examples, try "zendoodle" as well.
I chose to "zentangle" on just one side of my Ipsy bag.
I used the "fine tip" Sharpie - the larger of the two Sharpies I had on hand.
I just began drawing (moving my whole arm, not just the hand) to get smooth curves and spirals.
The sharpies will bleed a little - don't worry - just don't let the sharpie "sit" on the bag in one space for too long (otherwise it will result in big blots).
There is NO right or wrong way to draw your designs...this is YOUR zentangle - so have fun with it!
Then I began drawing patterns "inside" the enclosed shapes.
I am a gardener - so mine has lots of flowers and leaves.
Others are just random patterns, repeated.
I love to balance out the positive (the black ink) with the negative (the white space)
So I filled in a lot of the shapes with the markers.
I had a hard time "stopping"!  It was soooo much fun!
I hope you try decorating your Ipsy bag...
Remember to Keep Calm and Kerri On!


2 comments: