Wednesday, December 26, 2012

UPDATE: Breast Lump - after the Biopsy

Today I discovered the results of my breast lump biopsy.  Benign.  Thank you Lord.  That is such a sweet word to hear.  Five days of waiting for the result was very hard to get through.  It only took so long because I had the biopsy the Friday before Christmas.  My husband and I prayed a lot during this time.  I will have a follow-up with the doctor this Friday to see if the lump needs to be completely removed, or if I just need to monitor it.  I must admit I didn't pay much attention to what the nurse was saying after I heard the word "benign".

Fortunately, at least at this time, I will not be writing about the steps taken to fight breast cancer, since I will not be experiencing them.  Just going through the five weeks it took from the first time I thought I found a lump until my test results were full of anxiety and fear.  I cannot imagine what I would be feeling now if the results were positive.  I have two sisters that are breast cancer survivors, and I know I never felt the fear as they did, even though I was praying for them at that time. 

I pray for all of those fighting cancer, no matter what kind.  It is a horrible disease.  May we all be mindful of this disease and remember our mammograms, self-checks and annual doctor's visits. Cancer does not discriminate, we can take the best care of our bodies and it will still attack us.  All we can do is try to catch it early and fight through it.  God knows the challenges we will face in our lives, and I thank Him that He never leaves us in our times of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment