Sunday, June 23, 2013

Petunias and Sweet Potato Vine Then and Now

 
 
APRIL
Remember my blog post in April
when I decided to plant petunias and sweet potato vines?
Well, here's a picture after that planting.
MAY
I didn't have to water the plants much,
because May was a very "wet" month for Oklahoma.
JUNE
Wow!  I guess the petunias and sweet potato liked the
Miracle Grow soil and the sunny spot on the SE side.
The Sweet Potato Vines are so long....
so I weave them in and out
 of the Petunias.
Almost everyday I pinch off the dead blossoms.
Every couple of weeks I "cut" off about a third of the top growth
of the Petunias too.
It sounds harsh, and I cringe doing it,
but I save the blooms and put them in my Milk Glass vases.
I love all of the fresh cut flowers that I grow myself.
Here's my Petunias and some Indian Blankets in my Milk Glass
 sitting on my kitchen island.
Even when I cut the petunias back,
more blooms come up the very next day...Awesome!
I know I will be planting more petunias next year,
maybe in some pots?
Have a great summer everyone!
Keep Calm (and cool!) and Kerri On!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment