Monday, May 27, 2013

DIY Sharpie Mug "Downton Abbey"

In the mood for a little project,
coffee, and Downton Abbey....
So - why not combine it all into one GREAT CRAFT?
 

 
I purchased a plain white mug at Wal-Mart for under $4.
I washed and dried the mug,
then wiped it down with rubbing alcohol with a cotton ball.
Let it dry completely.
I used regular Sharpie pens to write on the mug.
"Don't bother me right now.  I'm watching Downton Abbey."
(if you need help to write in a straight line,
consider lining up painters tape to keep the writing level)
On the other side,
I drew my version of the Dowager Grantham
and a quote from her:
"Vulgarity is no substitute for wit."
 
PREHEAT the oven to 350 degrees.
Bake the mug for 30 minutes.
Let cool completely.
NOT DISHWASHER SAFE! Wash by hand.
 
I hope you try to make some personalized mugs or other dishes
using the SHARPIE method.
The possibilities are endless.
Great gift idea!
Keep Calm and Kerri On.

No comments:

Post a Comment