Friday, May 17, 2013

Early Bird Gets the Worm! Yard Sale Finds this Weekend!

I didn't think I could get up at 6:30am
to go garage selling this morning, but I made myself crawl out of bed
and drink two cups of coffee.
Boy, am I glad I did!
I found a few great buys this morning.
WIZARD OF OZ BARBIE DOLLS
I'm from Kansas, the land of "Aahs"...and if you knew my mother
you would know she was "obsessed" with the Wizard of Oz.
I even painted a Wizard of Oz mural in her bedroom several years ago.
So when I came across these dolls for only $2 a piece,
I knew they were collector items, and worth a lot more.
The only items missing are Glenda's shoes and one of Dorothy's ruby slippers.
Dorothy and Glenda actually speak.
The dolls are "Barbie" brand...meaning it's Barbie as Glenda and Dorothy,
and Ken is the scarecrow, tin man and lion.
On eBay these are listed around $20 a piece, and $40 if still in the box.
My son scored really well on this garage sale day,
and he didn't even go with me!
Sam is very much into history, especially anything to do with the military.
I found the "Pearl Harbor" hardback book for only 50 cents.
and the WWII  five DVD pack for only $2.
 
I can't wait for tomorrow for some more garage sales!
Hope to see you out and about too,
just beware - I may race you to the great finds!
Keep Calm and Kerri On!


No comments:

Post a Comment