Thursday, February 14, 2013

DIY "Goo B Gone"

Need to clean a label off of a  jar, sticky spot on the floor or get a  stubborn sticker off?
Can' t find your bottle of "Goo Gone"?
Make your own!
When I couldn't get a stubborn spaghetti sauce label cleaned off a jar, I searched Pinterest for a solution.  Sure enough, number-2-pencil, had the following recipe.
Here is a link to her blog: 
http://www.number-2-pencil.com/
The recipe is very simple:
Mix one part vegetable oil to 2 parts baking soda.
 Store at room temp. in jar or plastic container.
I tried it, and sure enough, after just a little bit of elbow grease, the sticky remains of the label started to disappear.  I then washed the jar with a grease cutting dish soap (I like Dawn), and it was as good as new.  I couldn't believe I had the stuff all along.  I just needed to get "educated"...after all, our grandmothers probably knew this trick....but we just sort of fall into the "it's for sell" catagory. 
Well, now I know (and you too) sometimes DIY is just as good, or better!
Thanks number-2-pencil!
 Be sure to Keep Calm and Kerri On while you get rid of the sticky messes in your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment