Sunday, February 10, 2013

DIY JUTE CANISTERS

 
I was itching to make a craft, so I searched through my craft cabinet.
I have a habit of keeping boxes and empty food canisters.
I also have a huge roll of Jute (probably left over from the 1970s) that I grabbed when going through my mother's house last Spring.  hmmm.....what could I make?
Answer:  JUTE CANISTERS! 
First I took off the labels from the canisters.  One was from instant ice tea, the other quick oats. 
The oatmeal container was too tall, so I wrapped some painters tape around it to the level I wanted to cut it down to. This insured I got a pretty even cut. Then I used an Xacto knife to cut it.
Then I glued the end of the Jute (you can use rope too) to the side of the canister, close to the bottom.
Now wind and hot glue...wind, hot glue...
until you reach the top.  Very easy.
I finished the tops by gluing the jute over and slightly inside the containers.
Now I had some decorative (almost professional looking) canisters to hold my
collection of colored pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment