Friday, February 8, 2013

DIY Tiered Trays

 
Yep - another craft for organizing my STUFF! Very easy - you can do it too!
I made the above tiered tray from Dollar Tree items to organize some makeup.
Look below for other DIY Tier Tray ideas (these are not mine, but I found them on line) 

Tiered tray made from mismatched china and glass wear.  Used as a dessert tray.  
 
Plastic plates work great too! 
Even old cake pans!
SUPPLIES:
Assorted plates
Candlestick holders and/or goblets or stem wear
bowls or glasses (optional)
Lazy Susan Tray (optional)
E6000 adhesive or glue gun and glue sticks
permanent marker
Before gluing anything together, stack your items in different ways to find what works best for you.
(I glued my tiered tray to a lazy susan, so it will spin)
Find the center on the plate, using your permanent pen, mark it with a few dots for when gluing the pieces together.
Start gluing: note: if using the E6000, wait until the glue is dry before gluing another piece on top, otherwise it may slide and be off balance.
Then - load up with your items.
 
I also made a "footed bowl" to hold my lipsticks (note-I glued a stemmed wineglass in the bottom of the bowl to hold small perfume samples)
 
Don't hold back - be creative!
Search your cupboards, garage or attic for "forgotten" dishes and give them new life!
Have fun!
and remember:  Keep Calm and Kerri On!


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment