Saturday, January 12, 2013

BeautyArmy January 2013 Unboxing

What is BeautyArmy?  It is a monthly subscription box for $12 a month.  You can sign up at https://beautyarmy.com to try deluxe samples of beauty products.  The great thing about this specific company is that you can choose your own samples and "opt out" of a month if you want to skip it. 
It is a great way to try products that are new to you without paying a lot for products you are not sure of.  I am so glad I'm giving this a try!



This is my first month to try out the BeautyArmy gift subscription.  When you sign up for BeautyArmy you pay $12 each month and YOU pick out your 5-6 samples.  You simply take a profile questionaire and suggested items are listed for you to choose from.  Don't like those item choices?  Retake your questionaire until you find a grouping you do like.


 

 
This is my box.  It arrived in the mail in a black box. It was like receiving Christmas in the mail!



 
Inside was a pretty pink box with pink army print, reuseable pink and black tissue paper.  The first thing I saw was a card declaring it their birthday.  I assume each subscriber received the extra gift of Scanda-lash by Mark to celebrate.
 

 
The items I picked for myself: 
1.  MACADAMIA DEEP REPAIR MASQUE - an intense hair repair treatment, a trial size enough for 2 applications, as I have short hair.  Full sized product:  $33
 
2.  JONATHAN DIRT TEXTURIZING PASTE - a very nice sized deluxe sample of a texturizing paste for your hair.  My guess is this should last me up to six weeks.  Full sized product: $26
 
3.  MARK GLOW BABY GLOW in HONEY - I assume this is a full sized lip gloss, as it attaches to other Mark lipstick/glosses or mascara (as I did with both of my samples).  This is a very pigmented , non sticky, non-glossy yet "feel good" lipgloss in a pretty pinkish-mauve color.  It smells of light mint.  Mmmm....I like it!  Retails for $6.50
 
4.  MARK  SCANDA-LASH - this was my extra gift that they threw in for their birthday, and I'm so glad they did.  I received the color "Brown-Out" a dark brown/black.  I do not like mascaras that come out super liquidy or clumpy...this did neither.  It is a creamy formula, the brush is straight and the bristles not too long, or too separated.  It coats my lashes nicely, giving a natural look, not falsy or crunchy.  (Must be a new item, because I could not find the price)  I attached it to my lip gloss via the extra cap proved in my box - another thing I didn't expect!) Yay!
 
5.  DERMISA SKIN FADE CREAM WITH VITAMIN C - This is one of Dermisa's best selling products...it helps to reduce the effects of sun, aging and pregnancy from the skin (in other-words age-spots and so-forth).  I haven't tried it yet, but it smells nice and is  light and creamy.  This is another wonderful sized product - half the full sized product.  Retails for $14.
 
6.  MIGHT LEAF CHOCOLATE MINT TRUFFLE TEA - I can't wait to try this!  It is an artisan whole leaf pouch with chocolate, mint and rooibos leaves.  I love tea!  I received one pouch. It retails at $9.95 for a box of 15 bags.  Yum!
 
7.  SKYN ICELAND HYDRO COOL FIRMING EYE GELS - I received one pair of these eye gels, to sooth, firm and tone the under eye areas.  Leave on for 10 minutes.  I'm going to try these out, when I'm stressed.  They seem to be all natural?  100% vegetarian, cruelty-free and allergy tested.  Retails for $30 for a box of eight pair.
 
And that's my unboxing of my first BeautyArmy Box.  I wasn't sure I would like this subscription, mainly because I wasn't sure of the sample sizes.  But I was very pleasantly surprised!  I estimate the value of the enclosed samples add up to around $32. Pretty good, I'd say!  I will keep this subscription for now.
 
  


2 comments:

  1. Love these concepts--especially that you get to pick from a list for this site. Do you think you like this better than Ipsy? Or do you like the surprises from Ipsy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ipsy and Beauty Army are pretty close in my books. I would give Beauty Army 4 1/2 stars - because you can pick your own samples, but not sure was "size" of samples you're getting. I would give Ipsy 5 stars at least for their January bag, because they were all deluxe sized samples, or full sizes. Also - Ipsy rated a little higher with me because it's $10, compared to the $12 for Beauty Army. Those two dollars really count when you're on a tight budget. Thanks Liesa!

      Delete