Wednesday, January 23, 2013

TEA TIME- Mighty Leaf Tea Review

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough
 or a book long enough to suit me.”
― C.S. Lewis
 
THE JOYS OF TEA
The whistle of the hot water kettle; the aroma of various flavors of tea; the delicate cup and saucer; pointing my pinkie in the air as I take a small sip; savoring the flavor as it sits on my tongue; sitting in my favorite chair and enjoying the moment....these are the reasons I love tea.
  Of course, tea has many health benefits as well:
  Tea contains 1/3 less caffeine than coffee or cola
• helps reduce fatigue
• maintains mental alertness
• stabilizes fluid levels
• is fat free and calorie free (without milk or sugars)
 The antioxidant in tea may help prevent . . . cancers of the mouth, stomach, pancreas, lungs, esophagus, colon, breast and prostate.
The antioxidants in a single cup of tea equal those in one serving of vegetables.
Tea's  flavanoids prevent heart disease by
• reducing blood clotting
• lowering blood pressure
• lowering cholesterol
  There are so many teas: black, green and white. As well as herbal blends of teas. Dried fruit is also known as a beloved ingredient in many blends. 
FOR ME:
Drinking a cup of tea helps me relax. I just feel special taking the time to prepare a nice cup of hot tea and then sitting down to enjoy the fruit (herbs & leaves) of my labor. There are so many brands, blends and favors of tea, there are too many to count.  I want to try them all.  So I'm slowly working my way by trying as many as I can.  I have found a few I don't like, but most of them are really good.  I seem to prefer the spicy and fruity blends.  The tea I will try today is chocolate mint. Mmmmm!  I love chocolate mint candy and hot cocoa, but have never tried a tea like this.  I can't wait!
REVIEW: 
Today, I am reviewing a sample I received from my Beauty Army Subscription box earlier this month:
Mighty Leaf Chocolate Mint Truffle
Artisan Whole Leaf Pouch, Herbal Infusion, Caffeine Free
I received one tea bag.  On the back of the package it describes the Chocolate Mint Truffle as:
An intoxicating and decadent fusion of chocolate, mint and rich rooibos leaves.  A dessert unto itself.
I quite agree!  I heated up the hot water kettle and poured the water into my favorite green milk glass mug (that I inherited from my late mother).  I let the pretty silken pouch of whole tea leaves, mint herbs and cocoa brew for five minutes.  I tasted the tea before adding anything to it.  I could taste the black tea the most, with a mild mint flavor and the undertones of the cocoa and another slight herbal taste, I could not identify - maybe the roobios? It was pleasant, but I enjoy all of my hot drinks sweet, so I added one packet (1.5 tsp) of Xagave Organic Agave Nectar.  That was perfect!  Since I only had one packet of tea to try, I decided when the cup was 1/2 empty (or is it half full?) that I would add a touch of cream.  That was magnificent too. 
My Findings:
 I have to say I really enjoyed this. I somewhat expected it to taste more like chocolate, but it is distinctly a tea. It was just decadent enough that I think I could enjoy this after dinner, instead of a dessert - sometimes. An afternoon tea break would be perfect with this tea and maybe a crisp cookie or piece of fruit.  Very satisfying and pretty yummy.
I will definitely buy this product.  Thank you Mighty Leaf and Beauty Army!

Remember, Keep Calm - "enjoy a cup-o-tea" - and Kerri On!
~ Kerri


 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Intriguing indeed. I'm not sure what I think about chocolate in tea but when I remind myself that I usually add milk to my tea, it makes more sense.

    ReplyDelete