Wednesday, January 16, 2013

"Ipsy" January Unboxing

 
January 2013 Ipsy Bag
My First Ipsy
 
I found this pink bubble package in the mail and knew it was my Ipsy!
When opening the bubble wrapper, this was what I found inside:
"A True Star Will Always Shine" card from Ipsy.
 A navy makeup bag. (looks black, but nope - it's blue!)
 and a Soho Liner Brush.
The bag is finished on the inside (no raw edges) with white stars on a blue background reminding me of the U.S. flag. With an "Ipsy" tag.
  The "liner" brush by London SOHO New York...the package was too big to fit "inside" the makeup bag, but out of its packaging, it will fit at an angle.  The brush is very nice and has a sharp flat edge...worked great for lining my eyes.
(each Ipster received one of three brushes this month: liner, crease or concealer)
INSIDE the bag, I found more goodies!
A full sized nail polish in the color "Bloody Mary" by Nailtini. See my thumbnail?  I painted it with only ONE coat. It covers very well!  I will love this color for my toes! (every Ipsy member received a
full sized Nailtini - but possibly in another color).
 

 Big Sexy Hair travel sized hairspray. Spray and play! I have been wanting to try this.
    
  Argan Oil by Josie Maran (for hair, face, bath, nails, a lot!) Felt really good on my dry skin between my eyebrows and under my eyes. I will also use this on my cuticles.
 
Deluxe travel size tube of Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter. Oooh la la! Smells good! And perfect timing, my skin is extra dry this winter.
 and...on the back of the card: savings for each brand above.
 (sorry I didn't get a picture of it, but you can go to ipsy.com for details)
  
Here is the picture again of my Ipsy products, not bad for $10, aye?
 
NOW, HOW DID I FIND OUT ABOUT IPSY?
Am I just a "with-it" 40+ woman that knows all about glamour and beauty?  Pshhhhaw!  Nope!  But I do have pretty cool nieces in their twenties and thirties that do! They keep me updated with all sorts of info.  I was first introduced to the Birchbox gift subscription for $10 @ month, about two years ago by my niece Tessa.  It was apparently one of the first companies to launch an idea like this.  I won't go into too much detail here, but to put it simply, I became disappointed with them and after hanging on for several months to see if they would improve, I finally cancelled after my December 2012 Birchbox.  Very sad, I had really liked their whole idea...but it just seemed to go downhill.
 
It was then, that another niece, Erica, introduced the rest of us to Ipsy.  She said it was great, receiving deluxe AND full sized products for $10 as well.  So I signed up and am SO happy I did!  This is a lot of product samples for my money.  I have been wanting to try the argan oil and Big Sexy Hair for some time, but was afraid to spend the money on something I was unsure of.  Now I get to try out the samples first, and get a cute bag!  Woo Hoo!
 Have you tried IPSY?  Or other gift subscription boxes?  There are a lot of them out there...from beauty, nails, dog items and food.  I bet you can find one for you at a price you can afford.  I'm glad I have such "with it" nieces that keep me informed!
 
Have a great day, remember, keep calm and KERRI on!  (I know it's corny, but I like it!)
- Kerri
 

2 comments:

  1. Fun things in that bag! I wonder if Rob would let me sign up for one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bat your eyelashes at him Liesa. He won't be able to resist! It's so worth the $10!

    ReplyDelete